KB977165 BSOD without Root CD or DVD access

Problemen met je computer? Op dit forum kan je al je vragen kwijt over hard- en softwareproblemen. Aarzel niet om hier een beetje hulp te komen vragen als je er zelf niet meer aan uit kan!

Moderators: lotje, bogy, the_3s

KB977165 BSOD without Root CD or DVD access

Berichtdoor bogy op 13 Feb 2010 18:03

I've encountered the problem with kb977165 on one of my customers' laptops. That means that after the latest update in februari 2010 all of a sudden the computer keeps on restarting and giving a BSOD. There are many solutions to be found on the web, but none of them help you if you don't have access to a CD/DVD drive on the system or if your administrator password is lost.

The system doens't have a CD/DVD drive, and i cannot logon to it with a recovery cd.

So i put the harddisk into another computer and looked for the KB977165 installation directory.
Since i can't invoke the "batch spuninst.txt' from within another windows installation i had to find a workaround.

So i did this:

- open a consolewindow (cmd) and go to the kb's folder; in my case that's j:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB977165$\spuninst (use CD X:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB977165$\spuninst replace X with the current driveletter of the attached disk)
- copy the spuninst.txt to spunbat.bat (copy spuninst.txt spunbat.bat)
- open the spunbat.bat with an editor (notepad spunbat.bat)
- search and replache the "c:\" entries with "x:\", where x is the current driveletter of the attached disk's windowpartition
- save the file
- run the file (spunbat)

now place the disk back into the notebook and you should be up and running again...

Note: i ran a antivirus on the disk prior to the kb uninstallation procedure, so i strongly advice you to do so before you start with this procedure.
Lees BoGy's Filosofie op dit forum. (KLIK)
Wil je jezelf beter leren kennen? Aarzel dan niet om jezelf te verdiepen in BoGy's gedachtengang...
Alles ivm online visakaarten
bogy
Site Admin

XBox Live Gamertag: Bogy Belgy

Terug naar Computerproblemen (F1/Help Support)